Have You Been Wrongfully Terminated?
Denise P. Lubliner at Lubliner Law Firm is an experienced wrongful termination lawyer in Tampa, Florida who has the knowledge and tenacity you need to represent you in a wrongful termination case.
Florida is considered an “at will” employment State, however, this does not mean that a wrongful termination lawsuit cannot be brought against an employer by an employee for wrongful termination in Florida. Here are some typical reasons for wrongful termination practices by Florida employers:
- Discrimination – It is against the law for any employer to terminate an employee based on their race, gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, AIDS/HIV, Sickle Cell trait. If you need an Employment Discrimination Attorney in Tampa Bay, call us today for a free consultation.
- Workers Compensation – It is against the law to terminate someone based on the fact that they have filed or are receiving workers compensation benefits.
- Whistleblower Retaliation – Employees of the State are legally bound to report any illegal or unethical activity that the State agency is involved in. Wrongful termination can occur when the person who reports this is harassed, abused, demoted, terminated or discriminated against. If you find yourself in this situation, seek legal help by calling a whistleblower attorney in Tampa who can take the proper actions under the Florida’s Whistleblower Act.
- Employment Contracts – An employment contract in Florida generally renders you exempt from being an “at will” employee. It can provide job security and usually lays out the terms in which you can be terminated. If you have been wrongfully terminated (without cause) and have an employment contract, you may have a wrongful termination lawsuit. Consulting with a Tampa employment contract attorney about labor and employment laws can help you to determine if your employment contract has been breached.
- Time Off of Work – Military leave, Family medical leave, Domestic Violence leave, Jury duty. Violating any of these laws set forth to protect you may be subject to a wrongful termination lawsuit against your employer. If you have been fired from your job or if you have not been reinstated after military duty, call Lubliner Law Firm for a consultation.
Tampa Bay Wrongful Termination Attorney
If you require legal help by an experienced labor and employment attorney in Tampa, call (813) 381-5670. Denise P. Lubliner can provide the legal assistance you need in a wrongful termination lawsuit in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Manatee, Marion, Sumter, Hernando, Citrus, Charlotte, Lee, Collier and Sarasota counties.
For a free consultation with labor and employment lawyer, Denise P. Lubliner, Lubliner Law Firm click here. Offering Experienced Legal Representation with Florida Wrongful Termination Lawsuits.